Vegan Chocolate Mac Daddy Macaroons
Brown rice syrup, coconut, cocoa powder and just the right amount of chocolate chips really bring out the best in these dense, vegan, chewy chocolate coconut macaroons. Please Note: For best results it's crucial that this recipe is followed exactly.
Find more Chocolate recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Chocolate Mac Daddy Macaroon Recipe¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons water
2 ½ Tablespoons Egg Replacer Powder
2 ¼ cups sugar
3 Tablespoons brown rice syrup
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
½ cup chocolate chips
3 ¾ cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup soy flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1) Prepare the egg replacerPreheat the oven to 325F (163C). In a medium bowl whisk together the water and the Eggless Binder Powder.
2) Whisk together the flavor building ingredientsIn a large mixing bowl mix together the sugar, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix in the Eggless Binder Powder mixture until well incorporated. Stir in the shredded coconut. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn another medium mixing bowl, sift in the cocoa powder. Whisk in the all-purpose flour, soy flour and baking powder.
4) Build the doughPour half of the dry ingredients into the bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until well incorporated. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix as much as you can with the spoon. At this point the dough will be so thick you'll probably need to mix it with your hands. Do this until the dough is well mixed. Please note that the dough may have a bitter aftertaste due to the soy flour. This will burn off during baking.
5) Bake the vegan cookies to perfectionForm the mixture into 2 inch diameter balls (an ice cream scoop works well) and place on a cookie sheet that's lightly oiled or lined with parchment paper. Flatten the macaroons down to ¾ inch height. The dough won't flatten out while baking. Bake for 30 minutes, switching the sheets on the oven racks after 15 minutes for even baking.
These cookies are very sensitive to over baking.
This recipe makes about 16 Vegan Chocolate Coconut Mac Daddy Macaroons.
Get a price on the Organic, Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Powder I Recommend at Amazon.
Egg replacer and soy flour
Big fan of your recipes/blog. This looks to be an earlier recipe, and I wonder, knowing what you know now, could milled flax seed take the place of the egg replacer in this recipe? And what would you recommend in terms of quantity? Additionally, is there something I can use in place of the soy powder? I'm running very low and it tends to be hard to find and expensive....
I used to love your cookies! And im not even Vegan...cannot find them anymore though!