Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are no nonsense soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies like your vegan grandma used to make. Over the years I've learned a lot about the art of cookie making and these are simple to make but still pack lots of flavor into a chewy, chocolatey chippity package. The secret to this cookie recipe is having just the right ratio of fat, water and golden flax meal. The molasses also adds chewiness and the cinnamon adds a touch of flavor complexity. Finally, the way the cookies are formed results in just the right shape. These cookies are also great for ice cream sandwiches.
Find more Easy recipes on Veganbaking.net
Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
3 Tablespoons water
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons (188 grams) or 1 ¾ sticks Regular Vegan Butter or margarine, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Prepare your flax gel mixturePreheat your oven to 350F (177C). In a small bowl whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a medium mixing bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well incorporated. Set aside. For a Holiday twist, add a ½ teaspoon cardamom here as well.
3) Cream the Vegan Butter and other ingredientsIn another medium mixing bowl cream the Vegan Butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture from step 1 followed by the molasses and vanilla extract.
4) Mix the vegan cookie doughAdd the flour mixture from Step 2 and mix until just incorporated. The dough will be thicker than traditional non-vegan cookie dough so don't be afraid to use your hands to mix it together if you need to. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Transfer the cookie dough to the sheets and bake to perfectionForm the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place them on the cookie sheet so they're spaced about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking duration. These cookies will not turn golden as they bake so it's important to pay attention to the baking time. Cookies will store in an air tight container at room temperature for about one week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to six months. This recipe makes about 22 to 24 Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Get a price on the Baking Sheet I Recommend at Amazon.
Whether you are looking for interior drywall repairs or you are adding a new addition to your home, Drywall Denver is the best team in the Denver Colorado area to handle this service. We are a team of industry professionals, with a reputation for delivering excellent work for your home or business.
Top 1000 Reviewer
View all my reviews (1)
With the change of the seasons, it may be time to spruce up your place with a little help from a cleaning services Bend Oregon company. We are currently offering $25 off to first time customers. If you need a move in/move out cleaning, deep cleaning, standard cleaning or commercial cleaning, we can bring your place back to life. Give us a call and let us know how we can be of service.
Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
A healthy tree may actually cause problems elsewhere in your yard or could eventually cause problems for itself, if it does not get the right pruning and care.
These are the healthiest, mouth-watering cookies that I've tried. My wife followed your recipe and she definitely nailed it. Thank you and please reach out if you have fence installation needs in Avondale, AZ.
I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!
wow, its really should be delicious. Will made it for my children
fence repair Northampton
Dessert recipe's are the best for gatherings and parties at home. Other actually sell chocolate chips online.
Wow these look amazing! I'm looking for some new vegan dessert recipes for the holidays and this looks perfect. Thank you so much for sharing!
Love this Recipe
Very Nice recipe, its help me alot
appliance repair service
Om nom nom
Looks Delicious, gonna try this at home asap!!
This recipe looks fantastic! I've been looking for a good vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!
How to add More Protein
I love to add more protein to my cookies as I use them as a pre-workout meal. Would you be able to add peanut butter or a scope of protein to make them higher in protein?
This way I get some protein and a little boost before my workout.
Check this out.
Having this can of diet is really helpful. https://www.drywallbaltimore.com