Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are no nonsense soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies like your vegan grandma used to make. Over the years I've learned a lot about the art of cookie making and these are simple to make but still pack lots of flavor into a chewy, chocolatey chippity package. The secret to this cookie recipe is having just the right ratio of fat, water and golden flax meal. The molasses also adds chewiness and the cinnamon adds a touch of flavor complexity. Finally, the way the cookies are formed results in just the right shape. These cookies are also great for ice cream sandwiches.
Find more Easy recipes on Veganbaking.net
Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
3 Tablespoons water
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons (188 grams) or 1 ¾ sticks Regular Vegan Butter or margarine, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Prepare your flax gel mixturePreheat your oven to 350F (177C). In a small bowl whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a medium mixing bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well incorporated. Set aside. For a Holiday twist, add a ½ teaspoon cardamom here as well.
3) Cream the Vegan Butter and other ingredientsIn another medium mixing bowl cream the Vegan Butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture from step 1 followed by the molasses and vanilla extract.
4) Mix the vegan cookie doughAdd the flour mixture from Step 2 and mix until just incorporated. The dough will be thicker than traditional non-vegan cookie dough so don't be afraid to use your hands to mix it together if you need to. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Transfer the cookie dough to the sheets and bake to perfectionForm the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place them on the cookie sheet so they're spaced about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking duration. These cookies will not turn golden as they bake so it's important to pay attention to the baking time. Cookies will store in an air tight container at room temperature for about one week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to six months. This recipe makes about 22 to 24 Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Get a price on the Baking Sheet I Recommend at Amazon.
I love this recipe. I will definitely try this out!
Art & Museum
Great post I
property manager Maitland
Wow, nice post! Thanks a lot for sharing this.Please do also check our page.
I had found that the recipe is very easy and helpful. That’s a awesome recipe you posted. I will come back to read some more.
Mold remediation made simple
These cookies are amazing! I make them and give them to our customers as gifts all the time.
Joann from Yakima Builders
Gourmet Raw Food
Some other great vegan options here
Thank you for the delicious recipes. Kind regards from the number one concrete company in Loveland, Colorado.
Check us out at http://lovelandconcretecontractor.com
Alternative to Vegan Butter?
Hey! Great recipe, I just have a question though... is there an alternative to the vegan butter? I think it was mentioned before by someone but it is really difficult to find?
Thanks for the extra attention to detail in your recipe instructions! Not every recipe website has such precise instructions. Baking is all about precision and once again you have delivered another great recipe! Thank you!
These cookies were great!! Thanks for the extra details in the recipe to get it "just right"! It helped me tremendously. Not all recipe sites are as precise in their instructions as you guys are! Thank you!!
volume pills amazon
Thanks, very good post. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
The industry source for precious metals investing
Top 1000 Reviewer
View all my reviews (1)
Thank you for these delicious recipes. Please also visit http://broomfieldlandscaping.com/ for landscaping services in Broomfield, Colorado.
Every single time I make chocolate chip cookies I regret not using a better recipe. I have searched HIGH AND LOW for a good one! I finally stumbled across this recipe and I'm telling you what... this will be the recipe I pass on to my grand children, it's THAT good!
Wow these cookies are very good
Wow these cookies are very good and tasty too. I am good at preparing vegan cookies for my son where generally I take the recipe menu from culinary posts. But your menu list for this recipe is very simple and those ingredients can be easily found in our kitchen which we use them in our daily cooking.
Our family been switching towards more vegan recipes, we digest it so much easier. This recipe doesn't sacrifice any taste, you couldn't even tell! Thanks!
delicious, i love that kind of food
Thanks for this great recipe!
They are Chewy In deed
I just ask my sister to follow the recipe you have here and she nailed it. I liked how chocolaty and chewy the cookies are. Thank you for sharing!
Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe. My family enjoyed them
In return, please visit us for epoxy flooring services in Aurora, Colorado.
I will make this cookie recipe!