Veganbaking.net Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Pastry Recipes Sticky Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Sticky Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
This Sticky Vegan Cinnamon Roll recipe features brown sugar, maple syrup and just the right amount of cinnamon, making them moist and chewy. And if that's not enough, these vegan cinnamon rolls are topped with walnuts, raisins then drizzled with icing to make them an irresistible treat any time of day.
Find more Cinnamon recipes on Veganbaking.net
Sticky Vegan Cinnamon Roll Recipe
For the dough3 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon golden flax meal
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons warm water
2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup (71 grams) Regular Vegan Butter or stick margarine, melted
1 teaspoon salt
For the filling¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
¼ cup Regular Vegan Butter or stick margarine, softened
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
¼ cup walnuts chopped
¼ cup raisins
For the icingVegan Vanilla Icing
1) Whisk together the water and flax mealIn a small mixing bowl, whisk together the 3 Tablespoons water and the flax meal. Set aside.
2) Activate the yeastIn another small mixing bowl, whisk together the warm water and the yeast. Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes so the yeast activates.
3) Prepare your flourAdd the flour to a medium mixing bowl.
4) Whisk together the flavor buildersIn another medium mixing bowl add the sugar, Vegan Butter, salt and whisk until well incorporated.
5) Mix the doughAdd the flax meal mixture from Step 1 and the yeast mixture from Step 2 to the bowl containing the sugar and Vegan Butter mixture. Whisk until well combined. Add these wet ingredients to the bowl containing the flour and stir until the dough comes together into a sticky ball.
6) Knead the vegan cinnamon roll doughLightly dust a clean surface with flour and knead the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes. The dough should be firm and smooth, not sticky. Place the dough back into the mixing bowl, cover and place in a warm place like on top of the stove for 1 hour. After 1 hour has passed, knead the dough for about 30 seconds and let it rest for 10 more minutes.
7) Whisk together the filling ingredientsIn a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, Vegan Butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Set aside.
8) Spread the filling onto the doughRoll the dough into a flat 16 x 20 inch rectangle. Spread the Vegan Butter, sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on top using a dough scraper or spatula.
9) Roll up the doughCarefully roll up the dough lengthwise so it's 16 inches long. Cut it into 1 ½ inch sections with a sharp knife.
10) Form the vegan cinnamon rolls and allow them to proofPreheat the oven to 400F (204C). Place the rolls close together, cut side up in a lightly greased 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish. This will ensure that the rolls don't unravel during baking. Sprinkle the walnuts and raisins over them. Cover with plastic wrap and let the buns rise for one more hour.
11) Prepare the icingPrepare the Vanilla Icing and set aside.
12) Bake your vegan cinnamon rolls to perfectionBake until the cinnamon rolls are just starting to turn golden, about 15 minutes, rotating the dish halfway through the baking duration. Pour the icing on the warm rolls before serving. You may want to heat the icing up a little so it can easily be poured.
This recipe makes about 12 Sticky Vegan Cinnamon Rolls.
Get a price on the 9 x 13 Inch Baking Dish I Recommend at Amazon.