Veganbaking.net Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Cake Recipes Vegan Sponge Cake Recipes Vegan Parsnip Cake
Vegan Parsnip Cake
This Vegan Parsnip Cake recipe is carrot cake's long lost brother, featuring parsnips which are slightly spicy and astringent. Parsnips are teamed up with pineapple, golden raisins, non-diary yogurt and a touch of cardamom to make a vegan cake that's lighter and spicier than carrot cake but every bit as tasty. Like carrot cake, Vegan Parsnip Cake should be liberally frosted with Easy Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting or a variant thereof for best results.
Find more Fall recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Parsnip Cake Recipe1 cup grated parsnips (about 1 ½ parsnips)
½ cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
½ cup pineapple, shredded
1/3 cup non-dairy yogurt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons cardamom
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1) Grate your parsnipsPreheat oven to 350F (177C). Grate the parsnips until you have 1 cup capacity. This can be done in seconds with a food processor with a grate attachment. Set aside.
2) Mix together the flavor building ingredientsIn a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, shredded pineapple, non-dairy yogurt, vegetable oil, cardamom, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt until well combined.
3) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a large mixing bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4) Build the cake batterAdd the wet ingredients to the bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. With a spoon, mix in the grated parsnips followed by the golden raisins and walnuts.
5) Bake the vegan parsnip cake to perfectionPour the mixture into an 8 inch round cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. This recipe makes one 8 inch round of Vegan Parsnip Cake.
Get a price on the 8 Inch Round Cake Pan I Recommend at Amazon.