Veganbaking.net Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Cake Recipes Vegan Sponge Cake Recipes Vegan Double Chocolate Cake
Vegan Double Chocolate Cake
This Vegan Double Chocolate cake recipe has been specifically designed to deliver maximum chocolate flavor. It utilizes cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate and espresso for maximum flavor depth. Some of the flour is offset by cocoa powder, which would normally reduce the overall gluten content of the cake, making it crumbly. Using bread flour which has a higher than normal amount of gluten brings things back in balance, allowing us to pack this vegan cake with as much deep, complex chocolate flavor as possible. Pictured with Rich White Chocolate Frosting and Vegan Double Chocolate Sauce.
Find more Chocolate recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Double Chocolate Cake Recipe½ cup + 2 Tablespoon non-diary milk
½ cup + 2 Tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder, non-Dutched, sifted
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate
3 Tablespoons Regular Vegan Butter or margarine, melted
½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon golden flax meal
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup bread flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1) Prepare your oven and cake panPreheat your oven to 350F (177C). Lightly coat a 8 inch round cake pan with canola oil and dust it with flour, making sure to shake off any excess.
2) Whisk the flavor building ingredients over heatIn a medium saucepan add the non-dairy milk, sugar, cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate, vegan butter, espresso powder and salt. Whisk constantly over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in the flax meal and vanilla extract.
3) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a large mixing bowl whisk together the bread flour, baking soda and baking powder.
4) Build the cake batterNow add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and briefly whisk together for one minute. This step is critical because unlike most other cakes, this recipe relies on the gluten being more activated in order to facilitate rising and optimal texture.
5) Bake the vegan chocolate cake to perfectionPour mixture into the cake pan. To eliminate air bubbles, lift the cake pan about 2 inches off the counter and drop it onto the counter a couple times. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If you want this cake extra moist bake it until the toothpick barely has crumbs on it. Cool for about an hour then transfer to a cake rack to cool completely before frosting. Makes one 8 inch round cake. Double the ingredients if you plan on making a two layered cake. Store the cake in a covered container at room temperature for about 1 week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 6 months. This recipe makes one 8 inch round Vegan Double Chocolate Cake.
Get a price on the 8 Inch Round Cake Pan I Recommend at Amazon.