Vegan Chocolate Dream Brownies
This Vegan Chocolate Dream Brownie recipe is fudgy, dense and chewy; three things that you absolutely must have in order to achieve vegan brownie nirvana. They feature arrowroot flour and brown rice syrup to aid in their chewiness. Margarine adds a welcome buttery flavor and vanilla extract ties it all together.
Find more Chocolate recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Chocolate Dream Brownie Recipe¾ cup, 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
4 oz 99% unsweetened baking chocolate
5 Tablespoons Regular Vegan Butter or margarine
¼ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
¼ cup non-dairy milk
1 cup, 1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts
1) Prepare your baking sheet and all-purpose flourPreheat your oven to 350F (177C). Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with wax paper. Place the all-purpose flour in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2) Prepare the chocolateBreak the chocolate into 1 inch pieces. Add the chocolate and the margarine to a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly on low heat until well melted and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3) Whisk the starch and non-dairy milkIn a medium bowl, whisk the arrowrroot or tapioca flour and non-dairy milk into a creamy consistency. Set aside.
4) Mix in the flavor building ingredientsIn the large mixing bowl from step 3, add the sugar, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, salt and the arrowroot or tapioca flour non-dairy milk mixture. Mix for about 5 minutes. It's normal for he mixture to get extremely gummy and put a little strain on your mixer.
5) Build the doughAdd half of the all-purpose flour to the mixing bowl and mix it in with a spoon. Add the walnuts, remaining flour and hand mix with a spoon. At this point the batter will be so thick you'll have to use your hands to mix it. Once the batter is fully mixed, place the batter into the prepared pan and push it into formation.
6) Bake the vegan brownies to perfectionBake for 30 minutes. Set on a rack to cool. When cooled, remove from baking pan and slice with a pizza slicer into desired squares. Please note that it's normal for the center to cave in a little. Store in a covered container at room temperature for about 1 week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 6 months. This recipe makes one 8 x 8 inch tray of Vegan Chocolate Dream Brownies.
Get a price on the Organic, Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Powder I Recommend at Amazon.
I love finding new recipes that I can try at home. We are strong believers in vegan food so this will be a perfect addition for our baking. Our Pho restaurant also has lots of vegan options.
Never thought being a sweet tooth and a vegan could mix!
View all my reviews (1)
Mmmm ... brownies
Very easy and quick to make.
I added cinnamon and vanilla bean paste instead of the vanilla extract, and I used a good-quality dark chocolate (Whittakers brand) instead of baking chocolate.
I was a bit confused by the recipe as to when to add in the chocolate mix, but the mixture came out ok anyway!
I found the final product a bit chewy and more sugary/toffeeish than like a brownie, except it went very hard around the edges. But it's the first time I've ever made vegan brownies so I might need some practice.
Still, pretty good! :)