Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Brownie, Bar and Square Recipes Vegan Brownie Recipes Vegan Choctacular Chocolate Brownies
Written by Mattie
This Vegan Choc-tacular Brownie recipe utilizes coconut oil to make them dense and rich, arrowroot flour and brown rice syrup for a dense chew factor and vanilla extract for delicious unification. Use unrefined coconut oil instead of refined coconut oil if you're interested in imparting a subtle coconut flavor in these vegan brownies.
Find more Chocolate recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Choctacular Chocolate Brownies Recipe¼ cup non-dairy milk
3 Tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
2/3 cup coconut oil, refined
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup all purpose flour
Hand mix in ½ cup chopped walnuts if desired.
1) Prepare your baking dishPreheat your oven to 350F (177C). Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with wax paper and set aside.
2) Whisk together the non-dairy milk mixtureIn a small bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk and arrowroot or tapioca flour until smooth and creamy.
3) Whisk the flavor building ingredients together over heatPlace coconut oil, brown rice syrup, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and non-dairy milk arrowroot or tapioca flour mixture in a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly on low heat for a few minutes until the mixture is well incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
4) Combine the cocoa powder and flourIn another large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and all-purpose flour.
5) Build the dough and press it into the baking dishAdd the first ½ cup of the dry ingredients from step 3 to the bowl containing the wet ingredients from step 2 and mix thoroughly with a mixer. Then add the walnuts, add the remaining flour and hand mix with a spoon until well mixed. Place the batter into the prepared pan and push it into formation.
6) Bake the vegan brownies to perfectionBake for 40 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. When cooled, remove from baking pan and slice with a pizza slicer into desired squares. Please note that it's normal for the center to cave in a little. Store in a covered container at room temperature for about 1 week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 6 months. This recipe makes one 8 x 8 inch tray of Vegan Choc-tacular Brownies.
Get a price on the Organic, Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Powder I Recommend at Amazon.
There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? Log in now