Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Pastry Recipes
Written by Mattie    
Hello there.
After reading a lot about Flax seeds and Vegan butter i decided to do these yummy looking treats with Flax meal and homemade vegan butter (based on your recipe).
i did everything exactly as you said but ended up with an extra firm dough which didn't "rise" at all.. is this ok? should i keep on backing or will it turn out hard as a rock?

thank you
Dganit Reviewed by Dganit October 21, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

something went wrong?!

Hello there.
After reading a lot about Flax seeds and Vegan butter i decided to do these yummy looking treats with Flax meal and homemade vegan butter (based on your recipe).
i did everything exactly as you said but ended up with an extra firm dough which didn't "rise" at all.. is this ok? should i keep on backing or will it turn out hard as a rock?

thank you

Owner's reply

Sorry you're having dough issues Dganit! It's looking like the water needs to be increased slightly. I'm going to make these this weekend, get to the bottom of this and update the recipe if necessary. I want to make sure this recipe is as good as it can possibly be. I'll let you know what I find. Sorry you're having trouble!

Was this review helpful to you?