Vegan Zucchini Pineapple Muffins or Bread
The subtle buttery flavor of zucchini and intensely sweet flavors of pineapple collide with delicious chaos in this Vegan Zucchini Pineapple Muffin recipe. Flavors are further enhanced by the addition of vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Just the right ratio of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour is used to give these vegan muffins the optimum level of fluffiness.
Find more Nut-free recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Zucchini Pineapple Muffin Recipe3 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon golden flax meal
1 cup + 1 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups grated zucchini (about one or two)
¾ cup chopped pineapple, drained
¾ cup + 3 Tablespoons sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1) Whisk together the flax meal mixturePreheat your oven to 325F (163C). In a small bowl, whisk together the water and the flax meal. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes so the mixture gets goopy.
2) Curdle the non-dairy milkIn a medium bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for about 10 minutes so the non-dairy milk curdles.
3) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4) Prepare the zucchini and pineappleGrate the zucchini and add to a small bowl. Add the chopped pineapple.
5) Whisk together the flavor building ingredientsIn another large mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Now whisk in the flax meal mixture and the non-dairy milk mixture from step 1.
6) Whisk the batter together then stir in the zucchini and pineapplePour the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the zucchini and the pineapple.
7) Bake to perfection
To make muffinsLine a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Pour the batter into the muffin pan making sure the dough is filled up to the top of the pan and domed. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
To make breadPour the batter into a lightly oiled 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe makes one loaf or 6 to 8 Vegan Zucchini Pineapple Muffins.
Get a price on the Muffin Pan I Recommend at Amazon.
I bake 8-16 dozens cupcakes/muffins for the homeless shelter and friends about every week. Last month I baked 16 dozens zucchini muffins using the best recipes I can find on the internet. Your recipe was one of the top 2 recipes out there. So I don't understand why someone got so upset that the recipe didn't work for them. Perhaps there was a problem with the ingredients, oven temperature, etc. I've made 8 dozens of your recipe and each one turned out great. Thanks for posting and sharing your recipe.
This did not come out great. I followed every step and the loaf came out terribly uncooked. Shame on you for posting this.
These turned out very delicious, and were a tropical treat for a cold, wintery day. With a bit of maple cream on top, it couldn't be better. Thanks for the recipe!
what is thepurpose of the flax seed flour and wather? what can I substitute.
This was my first attempt at vegan baking as I just recently decided to forgo dairy and eggs. These muffins are fantastic! I was afraid that delicious baked goods were a thing of the past. I look forward to trying more of your recipes.
I also wanted to mention that when I made these I forgot to include the oil. They still turned out delicious so I'm wondering if I should continue to leave it out in future batches? I was curious about your thoughts on this and what the oil would add since they were very moist anyhow.
Thank you for the recipe!
Exellent. I did not have any whole wheat flour so I used buckwheat flour. I also replaced the flax meal with Chia flour/meal (ground up chia seeds). The chia flour really soaked up the fluid quickly, so it would be a good replacement for the flax if you don't want to wait.... I think you could probably mix it in the flour and not hydrate it. Will try that next time.
Thanks for the recipe. Going to feed it to some non vegan friends. I expect raving reviews.
I substituted the pineapple for mango and it was amazing! Highly recommend trying it. Love this recipe!!!!
I made a batch of these muffins for my family the other day and they all said, they were the best batch yet! i used brown rice syrup for the sweetener. the best way for me to describe them was "pure" along with a juicy taste of pineapple in everyother bite(:
i also donated a cake to a bake sale, and it was the first to be sold.!