This Vegan Carrot Bran Muffin recipe features carrots which lend sweet, buttery notes. These flavors are further enhanced by just the right amount of molasses and your choice of wheat germ, wheat bran or oat bran. Raisins are added for additional sweetness and flavor depth and a touch of vanilla extract ties the flavors together into a dense and hearty muffin.
Find more Healthy recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Carrot Bran Muffin Recipe¾ cup non-dairy milk
2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer Powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups wheat germ, wheat bran or oat bran
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups shredded carrot (about 3 medium sized carrots)
½ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1) Curdle your non-dairy milkPreheat your oven to 325F (163C). In a medium bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk, Eggless Binder Powder and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes so the non-dairy milk curdles.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a large mixing bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, wheat germ, wheat bran or oat bran, baking powder and baking soda.
3) Prepare your carrotsShred the carrots and set aside.
4) Whisk together the flavor building ingredientsIn a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the shredded carrots, sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk in the non-dairy milk, Eggless Binder Powder and apple cider vinegar mixture.
5) Build the batterPour the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the raisins.
6) Bake to perfection
To make muffinsLine a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Pour the batter into the muffin pan making sure the dough is filled up to the top of the pan and domed. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
To make breadPour the batter into a lightly oiled 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Store in a covered container or plastic freezer bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months. This recipe makes 1 loaf or 6 to 8 muffins of Vegan Carrot Bran Muffins.
Get a price on the Muffin Pan I Recommend at Amazon.
Average user rating from: 4 user(s)
Will save for future!
This is a great recipe . I modified it slightly by using applesauce in place of the oil and added cinnamon and nutmeg for extra flavour.
Will save for future!
This is a good recipe, thanks! I will make it again but with a couple small changes: I found it a bit too sweet, not surprising really since carrots, sugar and molasses all add sweetness. Next time I will use only one-quarter cup of sugar. The other changes that I made the first time around are routine for me: I used one-quarter cup of oil because you don't really taste the additional oil and it just adds calories, and I used a flax egg.
I served these to 3 carnivores who could not believe they were vegan! I added generous dash of ground cinnamon and ginger. YUM! I will be making these every 12 days to have a healthy quick on hand breakfast. THANKS for a great recipe!
i will definately check this out as well, looks great!