Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Pastry Recipes
Written by Mattie    
These were fantastic! I made a substitute of the equivalent of 2 eggs worth of egg replacer. I made the dough in my bread machine for the first rise, wet ingredients first, then flour, then yeast on top. Came out perfect! I also omitted the nuts and raisins as we're just not big fans. In the filling, I added a tablespoon of tapioca flour after reading other reviews that the filling leaks out a lot, and I used half the maple syrup. The filling was hard to spread but it seemed to help things stay inside! Lovely flavour, next time I will be adding even more cinnamon though. This is a keeper, my family had no idea it was vegan and I'm making these for our Christmas morning treat this year! THANK YOU!
Rating 

Reviewed by Rachel December 18, 2012

AMAZING

These were fantastic! I made a substitute of the equivalent of 2 eggs worth of egg replacer. I made the dough in my bread machine for the first rise, wet ingredients first, then flour, then yeast on top. Came out perfect! I also omitted the nuts and raisins as we're just not big fans. In the filling, I added a tablespoon of tapioca flour after reading other reviews that the filling leaks out a lot, and I used half the maple syrup. The filling was hard to spread but it seemed to help things stay inside! Lovely flavour, next time I will be adding even more cinnamon though. This is a keeper, my family had no idea it was vegan and I'm making these for our Christmas morning treat this year! THANK YOU!

Was this review helpful to you?