Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Sponge Cake Recipes
Written by sugarmamabakeshop    
This may be too late for the original poster but Hain Baking Powder is corn free, I believe. I have used it in the past for a corn free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free cake. I made the same cake with Frontier brand baking powder (contains corn) and I could not tell a noticeable difference.

As for the cake recipe itself, I had some struggles with it. This mixture was so thick, it was impossible to pour into cake pans. I had to add much more liquid for some reason. It tasted really good the day of but by the next day, it wasn't as tasty. I think it is a solid recipe though and will be working with it more!
Rating 

ResourceQueen4U Reviewed by ResourceQueen4U September 20, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

RE: Baking Powder Substitute

This may be too late for the original poster but Hain Baking Powder is corn free, I believe. I have used it in the past for a corn free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free cake. I made the same cake with Frontier brand baking powder (contains corn) and I could not tell a noticeable difference.

As for the cake recipe itself, I had some struggles with it. This mixture was so thick, it was impossible to pour into cake pans. I had to add much more liquid for some reason. It tasted really good the day of but by the next day, it wasn't as tasty. I think it is a solid recipe though and will be working with it more!

Was this review helpful to you?