Veganbaking.net Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Breakfast Recipes Vegan Waffle Recipes Vegan Multigrain Waffles
Vegan Multigrain Waffles
Growing up, my Dad would make pancakes every Sunday. On the rare occasions he made waffles, I knew he was pulling out all the stops for Sunday breakfast. Inspired by the waffles I grew up with, I created this Vegan Multigrain Waffle recipe that features rolled oats, whole wheat flour and your choice of toasted corn meal, oat bran or wheat germ. Top it with real maple syrup or fresh organic berries to be transported back to my dining room circa 1985.
Find more Multigrain recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Multigrain Waffle Recipe1 ¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
½ cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup oat bran, wheat germ or small or medium grind corn meal, toasted
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
Cooking oil spray
Fresh organic berries
1) Soak the grains in the non-dairy milk mixturePreheat your waffle iron. In a medium bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, rolled oats, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and salt. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
2) Toast the rest of the grainsAdd the oat bran. wheat germ or corn meal to a large skillet over medium low heat while stirring occasionally until lightly toasted. Your chosen ingredient becoming slightly golden with a toasty aroma will signify that it's done toasting.
3) Whisk the dry ingredients togetherIn a large bowl, whisk the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cornmeal, oat bran or wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
4) Stir the waffle batterAdd the non-dairy milk oat mixture and the coconut oil to the bowl containing the dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated.
5) Bake the vegan waffles to perfectionCoat the waffle iron cooking surface with cooking spray. It's important to do this every time you add batter to the waffle iron. Using a ladle, pour enough batter to cover ¾ of the surface of the waffle iron. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until the waffles are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Top the waffles with almond butter, organic berries, and/or maple syrup. The waffles keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge and can be easily heated in a toaster. This recipe makes about 6 Vegan Multigrain Waffles.
Get a price on the Waffle Maker I Recommend at Amazon.