Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
Written by Mattie    
This recipe is great such a smooth creamy consistency - the best vegan home made ice-cream I have tasted or made. And thanks for the detailed description of what makes this ice-cream great I can see now why some of the other recipes I have made have failed!
I use the cashew base as I like the flavour more. I don't have a Vita mix so I soak the cashews for a few hours and also boil them for 15mins before blending them.
Other flavour variations I have done with this recipe - White Chocolate and Raspberry - use 3tsp of cacao butter instead of the coconut oil half a cup of raspberries and half a cup of white choc chips.
Maple Walnut - use maple flavoured syrup instead of the corn syrup and add 1/2 cup of very finely chopped walnuts and one teaspoon of vanilla powder along with the vanilla essence
YUM.
Rating 

bellafood Reviewed by bellafood March 08, 2014
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Delicious thanks for such a great recipe!

This recipe is great such a smooth creamy consistency - the best vegan home made ice-cream I have tasted or made. And thanks for the detailed description of what makes this ice-cream great I can see now why some of the other recipes I have made have failed!
I use the cashew base as I like the flavour more. I don't have a Vita mix so I soak the cashews for a few hours and also boil them for 15mins before blending them.
Other flavour variations I have done with this recipe - White Chocolate and Raspberry - use 3tsp of cacao butter instead of the coconut oil half a cup of raspberries and half a cup of white choc chips.
Maple Walnut - use maple flavoured syrup instead of the corn syrup and add 1/2 cup of very finely chopped walnuts and one teaspoon of vanilla powder along with the vanilla essence
YUM.

Owner's reply

I'm so glad you enjoyed the ice cream bellafood! Those flavor variations are brilliant. I can't wait to try White Chocolate and Raspberry!

Was this review helpful to you?