Munchable Vegan Multigrain Granola
Munchable Vegan Multigrain Granola Recipe
½ cup amaranth
½ cup quinoa
½ cup buckwheat
¾ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup cashew butter
2 Tablespoons brown rice syrup
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups rolled oats (aka old fashioned)
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins
1) Soak the grainsPlace the amaranth, quinoa and buckwheat in a bowl, cover with water and soak for at least 8 hours. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2) Whisk together the flavor building ingredientsPreheat the oven to 300F (149C). In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, cashew butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3) Stir in the grainsStir in the amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, rolled oats, followed by the nuts.
4) Bake to perfectionPlace the mixture on a baking tray and spread it out flat. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the granola starts to dry. If using two baking sheets, switch racks halfway in between baking time. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5) Break up the vegan granolaBreak up the bunches of granola into smaller pieces, transfer to a large bowl and stir in raisins. Transfer to a covered container.
This recipe makes about 8 cups of Munchable Vegan Multigrain Granola.
Get a price on the Baking Sheet I Recommend at Amazon.