Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

This is a listing of every known vegan bakery worldwide! Find directions to their locations so you can support, rate and comment on them. Share your experiences and let people know what you ate there that was mindblowing. Know of a vegan bakery that should be in our directory? Let us know about it!

Review Detail

New York
Written by Mattie    
I was in the neighborhood today, so I made my first ever trip to the famed Babycakes with aims of getting a cupcake. Although their selection isn't huge, what they have is tasty. A cupcake will run you about $4.25, and while it was delicious, I would probably only spend the money again if I was buying something as a gift for someone (got the red velvet cupcake!). The shop itself is very cute, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and I love the fact they only bake with spelt or gluten free ingredients, as well as only sweetening with agave syrup or coconut oil, and using organic! That's a huge plus and I really loved it. They also had a special when I was there, selling their day-old leftovers for cheap, which was nice as well. All in all, if you're ever in the neighborhood, totally try this place out, but like I said, a little pricey for someone who bakes all her own vegan goodies!

ladydevito Reviewed by ladydevito January 08, 2011
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

A little pricey for my taste..

I was in the neighborhood today, so I made my first ever trip to the famed Babycakes with aims of getting a cupcake. Although their selection isn't huge, what they have is tasty. A cupcake will run you about $4.25, and while it was delicious, I would probably only spend the money again if I was buying something as a gift for someone (got the red velvet cupcake!). The shop itself is very cute, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and I love the fact they only bake with spelt or gluten free ingredients, as well as only sweetening with agave syrup or coconut oil, and using organic! That's a huge plus and I really loved it. They also had a special when I was there, selling their day-old leftovers for cheap, which was nice as well. All in all, if you're ever in the neighborhood, totally try this place out, but like I said, a little pricey for someone who bakes all her own vegan goodies!

Was this review helpful to you?