Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Thanks for this recipe. I find the vegan margarine here in Norway revolting and also don't think it is a product that is very healthy to use (hydrogenated fat). I make a soft 'margarine' that is suitable for spreading but I wanted something I could bake with where oil wasn't suitable. My biscuits and shortbread were lovely using this 'butter'.
I had to tweak the recipe a bit as some of the ingredients are not readily available here. I used ground flax seeds instead of xantham gum and soy lecithin powder. I'm surprised something like this isn't produced commercially.
Rating 

Reviewed by Josephine Austin February 19, 2014

Excellent!

Thanks for this recipe. I find the vegan margarine here in Norway revolting and also don't think it is a product that is very healthy to use (hydrogenated fat). I make a soft 'margarine' that is suitable for spreading but I wanted something I could bake with where oil wasn't suitable. My biscuits and shortbread were lovely using this 'butter'.
I had to tweak the recipe a bit as some of the ingredients are not readily available here. I used ground flax seeds instead of xantham gum and soy lecithin powder. I'm surprised something like this isn't produced commercially.

Owner's reply

So glad you're enjoying the Vegan Butter Josephine! Glad the ground flax seeds worked for you.

Was this review helpful to you?