Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

This is a baker's delight. My vegan, gluten free son has a bad reaction to Earth Balance. Although this doesn't have much taste at all (4/5 stars), it works well in recipes that call for butter ( Jules gluten free biscuits and cookies in particular). He uses it in potatoes as a spread. Yesterday, I quadrupled the recipe to have plenty on hand.
@Robyn, I also use the soy granules, and they are visible but don't seem to affect the texture at all. Yesterday, I ran them through a coffee grinder which did "powder" them, but still noticeable in the butter.
Rating 

AnneR Reviewed by AnneR February 10, 2014
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Great!

This is a baker's delight. My vegan, gluten free son has a bad reaction to Earth Balance. Although this doesn't have much taste at all (4/5 stars), it works well in recipes that call for butter ( Jules gluten free biscuits and cookies in particular). He uses it in potatoes as a spread. Yesterday, I quadrupled the recipe to have plenty on hand.
@Robyn, I also use the soy granules, and they are visible but don't seem to affect the texture at all. Yesterday, I ran them through a coffee grinder which did "powder" them, but still noticeable in the butter.

Owner's reply

So glad the Vegan Butter works well for you AnneR! I have some other varieties at http://www.veganbaking.net/recipes/fats/vegan-butters that have different flavor profiles. I recommend Cultured European Style Vegan Butter if you prefer an additional complex buttery kick. Thanks for the great tip on making the soy lecithin granules smaller for more effective dissolving!

Was this review helpful to you?