Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

I tired this recipe for the first time today using coconut milk and sunflower lecithin and my hand held immersion blender and I am very happy with the results! Thank you for working on and sharing this recipe. I am going to play a little with reducing the salt and vinegar, trying other acids and maybe increasing the gum or mixing with coco butter but still very happy with the initial results. I was a vegan for 8 years but became soy and gluten intolerant in 2009 and went back to eating meat, eggs and dairy. I feel my health has suffered and am slowly going back to a vegan/vegetarian hybrid of something, lol. And I have been baking from scratch for almost 50 years and have to re-learn and try new gluten -free recipes. I have friends that have food allergies so I have been working on vegan baking, this is perfect! Thanks again
Rating 

VegasBev Reviewed by VegasBev November 16, 2013
Last updated: November 16, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Very Happy With My First Attempt!!

I tired this recipe for the first time today using coconut milk and sunflower lecithin and my hand held immersion blender and I am very happy with the results! Thank you for working on and sharing this recipe. I am going to play a little with reducing the salt and vinegar, trying other acids and maybe increasing the gum or mixing with coco butter but still very happy with the initial results. I was a vegan for 8 years but became soy and gluten intolerant in 2009 and went back to eating meat, eggs and dairy. I feel my health has suffered and am slowly going back to a vegan/vegetarian hybrid of something, lol. And I have been baking from scratch for almost 50 years and have to re-learn and try new gluten -free recipes. I have friends that have food allergies so I have been working on vegan baking, this is perfect! Thanks again

Owner's reply

So glad the Vegan Butter worked out VegasBev! Cheers to being open minded and figuring out what works for you. I've done some tests with vinegars and found that using 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar produces even better flavor. I'm probably going to update all of my Vegan Butter recipes to reflect this after I do a little more testing. I also have soy-free Vegan Butters here if you do a search in the upper right-hand-corner of this page.

Was this review helpful to you?