Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Came back again to say I tried making it using plain soy yoghurt instead of curdled soymilk, and I love it, I think I'll be using that adaptation permanently. I think it tastes the most like dairy butter that way. Also, I'm dying to hear about your vegan Greek yoghurt experiments!?
Rating 

asharpknife Reviewed by asharpknife May 18, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (4)

yoghurt butter!

Came back again to say I tried making it using plain soy yoghurt instead of curdled soymilk, and I love it, I think I'll be using that adaptation permanently. I think it tastes the most like dairy butter that way. Also, I'm dying to hear about your vegan Greek yoghurt experiments!?

Owner's reply

That's great that you gave it a whirl using soy yogurt asharpknife! I also developed a Cultured European Style Vegan Butter using soy yogurt here:
http://www.veganbaking.net/fats/vegan-butters/808-cultured-european-style-vegan-butter
It should work a little better in croissants and other puff pastry than Regular Vegan Butter. Regarding the Greek yogurt, I'm still working on it and want to get it perfect before sharing it so thanks for your interest!

Was this review helpful to you?