Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Egg Replacer Recipes
Written by Mattie    
Dry ground or whole chia (or flax, psyllium, etc) mixes with other dry ingredients evenly and quickly using a spoon. Pre soaking requires a power mixer for lump free results, just like conventional baking with eggs and dairy. I grind as I go, using a cheap Woolworths coffee grinder for only a few seconds. Black and white seeds when ground together give a wholemeal flour appearance. The results are much superior to conventional baking: a delicious taste and great mouthfeel with a moist but not soggy crumb tasting fresh for several days.
Reviewed by Maria Sobolewski November 06, 2013

Mixed dry is preferred method unless using power m

Dry ground or whole chia (or flax, psyllium, etc) mixes with other dry ingredients evenly and quickly using a spoon. Pre soaking requires a power mixer for lump free results, just like conventional baking with eggs and dairy. I grind as I go, using a cheap Woolworths coffee grinder for only a few seconds. Black and white seeds when ground together give a wholemeal flour appearance. The results are much superior to conventional baking: a delicious taste and great mouthfeel with a moist but not soggy crumb tasting fresh for several days.

Was this review helpful to you?