Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Confection Recipes Vegan Bonbon Recipes Vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bonbons
Written by Mattie
This Vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bonbon recipe is a great example of the possibilities that can be achieved with white chocolate and ganache. The ganache is enhanced with matcha green tea powder and a touch of rum, enrobed in a white chocolate coating then dusted again with matcha powder for a beautiful confection with subtle green tea overtones. Cocoa butter has a very small window of time between being too runny and too solid so remember to watch it closely before rolling the ganache into balls and later coating them in the white chocolate.
Find more White Chocolate recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bonbons Recipe5 3.5 ounce Vegan White Chocolate bars
2 cups Vegan White Chocolate Ganache
1 Tablespoon matcha green tea powder
1 teaspoon rum
1) Prepare the white chocolatePrepare the white chocolate as directed. Forego pouring the white chocolate into molds and just let it remain melted in a large bowl. If your white chocolate has been prepared into bars or you're using store-bought white chocolate, melt it in a double boiler and set aside.
2) Line and chill to baking sheetsLine two baking sheets with parchment paper and place them in the freezer.
3) Prepare the white chocolate ganache, add matcha, rum, roll into balls and chillPrepare the white chocolate ganache as directed. As it's cooling whisk in the matcha powder and rum. Now we need to let the ganache solidify enough so that it can be rolled into balls. Place the ganache in a metal bowl in the refrigerator and remove every 5 minutes to whisk. When the ganache has thickened almost too much to whisk, remove the baking sheets from the refrigerator. Using a spoon, scoop out the ganache and form it into a ball by rolling it in between the palms of your hands. arrange the ganache balls on the baking sheets. As you roll the ganache into balls the ganache in the bowl will get runny and you may have to place it back in the refrigerator for 5 minutes so it will get solid enough to roll again. When all ganache is rolled into balls place the baking sheets with ganache balls back in the freezer for at least one hour.
If the ganache thickens too much to use, place the metal bowl over a stove and expose to low heat for a few seconds while whisking to get it to remelt. Then place back in the refrigerator and whisk again at 5 minute intervals until it's solid enough to roll into balls.
4) Coat the balls in white chocolate then chill againRemove the ganache balls from the freezer. Roll each ball in the melted white chocolate and place it back onto the baking sheet. Do this with all remaining ganache balls. Place them back in the freezer for at least one more hour.
Learn how to temper chocolate
5) Dust the bonbons with matchaRemove the bonbons from the freezer and dust them with matcha powder. Store in a covered container in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
This recipe makes 20 to 25 vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bonbons.
Get a price on the Matcha Tea I Recommend at Amazon.
There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? Log in now