Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Sponge Cake Recipes
Written by Mattie    
My granddaughter recently went Vegan, and requested a vegan cake for her 17th birthday. This recipe looked simple enough, but I had little hope that it would even be edible.. I tasted the batter before I baked it, and I could not have told it was vegan, but I still had my doubts. I made two separate recipes for the layers, and they came from the oven looking better than my regular cakes. Made a vegan chocolate frosting as she requested. I warned everyone that it was my first attempt at vegan baking, and not to expect too much

Oh my gosh. This cake is incredible.....moist and flavorful. Everyone agreed that it is a winner! Most important, the birthday girl loved it. I will definitely make this my "go to" cake for her.

She loves pancakes, and I used this recipe as the basis for a pancake batter, and they were delicious. Light and fluffy....so good we non vegans had them for breakfast this morning

Thanks for making my vegan adventure so rewarding.
Rating 

Baker Baba Reviewed by Baker Baba March 22, 2014
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Terrific Cake

My granddaughter recently went Vegan, and requested a vegan cake for her 17th birthday. This recipe looked simple enough, but I had little hope that it would even be edible.. I tasted the batter before I baked it, and I could not have told it was vegan, but I still had my doubts. I made two separate recipes for the layers, and they came from the oven looking better than my regular cakes. Made a vegan chocolate frosting as she requested. I warned everyone that it was my first attempt at vegan baking, and not to expect too much

Oh my gosh. This cake is incredible.....moist and flavorful. Everyone agreed that it is a winner! Most important, the birthday girl loved it. I will definitely make this my "go to" cake for her.

She loves pancakes, and I used this recipe as the basis for a pancake batter, and they were delicious. Light and fluffy....so good we non vegans had them for breakfast this morning

Thanks for making my vegan adventure so rewarding.

Was this review helpful to you?