Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Sponge Cake Recipes
Written by sugarmamabakeshop    
Do you have any idea if this could be made without baking powder? Or if there is something you could substitute for it? I am making a birthday cake this weekend for a severely allergic little boy (no gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, soy or corn) and I can't use baking powder due to the cornstarch. Right now I'm just glad I found an organic powder sugar that used tapioca starch instead of cornstarch, but I still need to either find an acceptable baking powder substitute, or find a recipe that doesn't need it.
MamaChrissy Reviewed by MamaChrissy September 10, 2013
Last updated: September 10, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Baking Powder Substitute?

Do you have any idea if this could be made without baking powder? Or if there is something you could substitute for it? I am making a birthday cake this weekend for a severely allergic little boy (no gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, soy or corn) and I can't use baking powder due to the cornstarch. Right now I'm just glad I found an organic powder sugar that used tapioca starch instead of cornstarch, but I still need to either find an acceptable baking powder substitute, or find a recipe that doesn't need it.

Was this review helpful to you?