Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Brownie Recipes
Written by Mattie    
I have been eyeing this recipe for a while, but finally made it on Christmas Day. I made a few small substitutions. For example, I rarely use all-purpose flour. Instead, I used a mixture of oat flour and white whole wheat. I do not like nuts in brownies, so I added almost 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.

I had one 'issue.' I used vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips and they did not melt entirely once the boiling water was added. I added additional water, but still the chocolate did not melt completely. Finally, I was concerned that I was adding too much water, so I put the bowl in the microwave to melt the chocolate.

I am a bit of a 'brownie snob,' but I was very happy with these brownies. Thank goodness since the recipe is somewhat complicated. This was my 3rd vegan brownie recipe attempt and the most successful. Thanks Mattie!
Rating 

Sferd Reviewed by Sferd December 27, 2012
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Really good

I have been eyeing this recipe for a while, but finally made it on Christmas Day. I made a few small substitutions. For example, I rarely use all-purpose flour. Instead, I used a mixture of oat flour and white whole wheat. I do not like nuts in brownies, so I added almost 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.

I had one 'issue.' I used vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips and they did not melt entirely once the boiling water was added. I added additional water, but still the chocolate did not melt completely. Finally, I was concerned that I was adding too much water, so I put the bowl in the microwave to melt the chocolate.

I am a bit of a 'brownie snob,' but I was very happy with these brownies. Thank goodness since the recipe is somewhat complicated. This was my 3rd vegan brownie recipe attempt and the most successful. Thanks Mattie!

Was this review helpful to you?