Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Bar and Square Recipes
Written by Mattie    
I think this recipe would have been a HIT (the graham cracker crust was so delicious when I tasted it - and the vegan caramel sauce) - but I found the baking time to be way too long. I checked on them at the halfway point - and it seemed to be doing fine; therefore, I trusted the instructions and went for the whole time. WAY TOO LONG. Probably could have baked for 17 minutes at that temperature.
Rating 

coachcaitlin Reviewed by coachcaitlin December 19, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Baking time too long

I think this recipe would have been a HIT (the graham cracker crust was so delicious when I tasted it - and the vegan caramel sauce) - but I found the baking time to be way too long. I checked on them at the halfway point - and it seemed to be doing fine; therefore, I trusted the instructions and went for the whole time. WAY TOO LONG. Probably could have baked for 17 minutes at that temperature.

Owner's reply

Thanks for the feedback on these bars coachcaitlin! The baking time is longer due to the lower baking temperature of 325F. I'll look into seeing if reducing the baking time could benefit this recipe and if it does, I'll update the recipe to reflect it. Thanks again for your honest feedback!

Was this review helpful to you?