Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan French Toast Pending Moderation
Vegan French Toast Recipes
Written by Salviati    
So I wouldn't really call this french toast. If you make this expecting french toast, you'll be disappointed. As a breakfast treat, it's fairly tasty and I would make it again. It's extremely simple too.

The bread slices definitely need to be thick, but if you cut it too thick you mainly taste bread. My advice: do what the author says and make sure you only cut it one inch thick.

Also, the peach mixture doesn't really brown in the pan. It's still good, it just didn't get that nice golden, crunchy texture I was hoping for. It's still tasty and simple so go ahead, give it a go!
Rating 

lauren Reviewed by lauren January 23, 2011
Last updated: January 23, 2011
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (4)

Tasty breakfast treat

So I wouldn't really call this french toast. If you make this expecting french toast, you'll be disappointed. As a breakfast treat, it's fairly tasty and I would make it again. It's extremely simple too.

The bread slices definitely need to be thick, but if you cut it too thick you mainly taste bread. My advice: do what the author says and make sure you only cut it one inch thick.

Also, the peach mixture doesn't really brown in the pan. It's still good, it just didn't get that nice golden, crunchy texture I was hoping for. It's still tasty and simple so go ahead, give it a go!

Other Info

Was this review helpful to you?