Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Yeasted Enriched Bread Recipes
Written by Mattie    
Just what I've been looking for. This bread is hearty and was easy to make... Even though it takes several days. I sprouted 4 cups of red wheat berries in Sproutamo sprouting system...extremely simple, no rinsing.used a meat grinder attachment to my old oester kitchen center. Then stored one day at room temp... Wonderful sour dough flavor! Kneaded with dough hooks for 20 minutes. Let rise in two small bread pans four hours. Baked one hour at 350F. Thanks for this excellent description of making a flourless sprouted grain bread!
Rating 

Reviewed by Bruce Roberts September 12, 2013

Best bread ever

Just what I've been looking for. This bread is hearty and was easy to make... Even though it takes several days. I sprouted 4 cups of red wheat berries in Sproutamo sprouting system...extremely simple, no rinsing.used a meat grinder attachment to my old oester kitchen center. Then stored one day at room temp... Wonderful sour dough flavor! Kneaded with dough hooks for 20 minutes. Let rise in two small bread pans four hours. Baked one hour at 350F. Thanks for this excellent description of making a flourless sprouted grain bread!

Owner's reply

So glad this bread worked out so well for you Bruce! It took a long time for me to figure out the ins and outs of sprouted wheat breads and I'm still learning. Great that you used a meat grinder on the wheat berries. I can't wait to try that!

Was this review helpful to you?