Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Muffin Recipes
Written by Renoodle    
I was craving some good muffins. After the last mishap making some pumpkin muffins that all just ended up collapsing into black holes of yuck, I was hesitant to jump back into the muffin game. Boy was this the right one to get back in...

I made a few changes based on what I had around at 11pm tonight:
-1cup of PB instead of 3/4
-3/4 cup mini Enjoy Life vegan choc. chips (the minis are the bomb diggity for baking into cookies and muffins!)
and here comes the weird one...
-1cup of cornmeal instead of oats (just ran out)

The cornmeal gave these such an awesome texture that went perfect with the peanut butter and the chocolate.

Renoodle was right, I couldn't wait 5 mins to chow down on one. These bad boys were awesome!

Thanks for a great recipe and getting me back in the muffin game. I refuse to buy muffins as I never am satisfied by the overly large, dry, and tasteless muffins that are available around town.... this hit the spot!
Rating 

Reviewed by Matt January 21, 2011

One word: Awesome!

I was craving some good muffins. After the last mishap making some pumpkin muffins that all just ended up collapsing into black holes of yuck, I was hesitant to jump back into the muffin game. Boy was this the right one to get back in...

I made a few changes based on what I had around at 11pm tonight:
-1cup of PB instead of 3/4
-3/4 cup mini Enjoy Life vegan choc. chips (the minis are the bomb diggity for baking into cookies and muffins!)
and here comes the weird one...
-1cup of cornmeal instead of oats (just ran out)

The cornmeal gave these such an awesome texture that went perfect with the peanut butter and the chocolate.

Renoodle was right, I couldn't wait 5 mins to chow down on one. These bad boys were awesome!

Thanks for a great recipe and getting me back in the muffin game. I refuse to buy muffins as I never am satisfied by the overly large, dry, and tasteless muffins that are available around town.... this hit the spot!

Other Info

Was this review helpful to you?