Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Brownie Recipes
Written by Mattie    
These were absolutely decadent! Neither my husband nor I am vegan, but we strive for health, diversity, and joy in our cooking and eating. These hit each mark. I used all whole wheat pastry flour and we don't use margarine so I used canola oil. I added the walnuts and additional chopped, very dark, vegan chocolate. I baked at 350 for 30 minutes because we like gooey, chewy brownies. The big, melted chunks of chocolate made the overall product a little structurally weak when removed from the pan, but no one really cared. These oozed melted dark chocolate, were moist and chewy, and had a wonderfully cookie-like crust. This is my new go to brownie recipe. Thanks!
Rating 

Chaigirl Reviewed by Chaigirl August 28, 2011
Last updated: August 28, 2011
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Wow!

These were absolutely decadent! Neither my husband nor I am vegan, but we strive for health, diversity, and joy in our cooking and eating. These hit each mark. I used all whole wheat pastry flour and we don't use margarine so I used canola oil. I added the walnuts and additional chopped, very dark, vegan chocolate. I baked at 350 for 30 minutes because we like gooey, chewy brownies. The big, melted chunks of chocolate made the overall product a little structurally weak when removed from the pan, but no one really cared. These oozed melted dark chocolate, were moist and chewy, and had a wonderfully cookie-like crust. This is my new go to brownie recipe. Thanks!

Was this review helpful to you?