Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Frosting Recipes
Written by Mattie    
This is a great recipe for vegan frosting. I normally don't like vegan frostings (unless made with coconut butter), but this one is great since there is alot less shortening in it, thus it has a more complex taste. I would however suggest using just lemon or orange juice in the cashew "creamcheese" recipe. the cider vinegar is a tad too strong and controls the flavor of the "cheese." Its also really good with maple syrup or agave as a sweetener too!
Rating 

Reviewed by cooksalot April 24, 2011

this stuff is awesome

This is a great recipe for vegan frosting. I normally don't like vegan frostings (unless made with coconut butter), but this one is great since there is alot less shortening in it, thus it has a more complex taste. I would however suggest using just lemon or orange juice in the cashew "creamcheese" recipe. the cider vinegar is a tad too strong and controls the flavor of the "cheese." Its also really good with maple syrup or agave as a sweetener too!

Owner's reply

It's always a balancing act for me when trying to recreate dairy flavors with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Thanks for the input cooksalot!

Was this review helpful to you?