Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Cookie Recipes
Written by Renoodle    
I've been looking for a good granola bar/cookie recipe for a long time and this one is good. Made it today and it tastes great. But I found the cooking time of 25 minutes way too long. They would have been burnt to a crisp by then. I'm wondering if the temperature was supposed to be 275 instead of 375 F as most granola recipes are cooked at a lower temperature. Also in your photo it looks like you've included almonds, but they are not listed in the ingredients. I love almonds and would like to include them. Do my eyes deceive me, or did you include almonds in yours? Thanks very much.
Rating 

Friskette Reviewed by Friskette January 04, 2011
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Ren-Oaty Granola Cookies

I've been looking for a good granola bar/cookie recipe for a long time and this one is good. Made it today and it tastes great. But I found the cooking time of 25 minutes way too long. They would have been burnt to a crisp by then. I'm wondering if the temperature was supposed to be 275 instead of 375 F as most granola recipes are cooked at a lower temperature. Also in your photo it looks like you've included almonds, but they are not listed in the ingredients. I love almonds and would like to include them. Do my eyes deceive me, or did you include almonds in yours? Thanks very much.

Owner's reply

Hiya - you know, I'm pretty sure those are pumpkin seeds and not almonds...but I love almonds too! If you add them let me know, I'm sure it'd be fantastic!

As for the temp, my oven is a bit wonky... I'll make them again soon and let you know...

Was this review helpful to you?