Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Bar and Square Recipes
Written by Mattie    
I'm sure I must have done something wrong, although I really did follow the recipe (for a change). A real shame, as I had pinned this a while ago and was looking forward to trying it, hoping it might resemble the almond blondies I am crazy about at Cookies & Scream. But this came out hard and dry - and with the amounts of coconut oil and rice syrup in here, not a cheap recipe to end up throwing in the bin! Still, my husband and I enjoyed a coffee while picking out all the pecans... Sorry Matti.
Rating 

mannagifts Reviewed by mannagifts May 18, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Didn't work for me..

I'm sure I must have done something wrong, although I really did follow the recipe (for a change). A real shame, as I had pinned this a while ago and was looking forward to trying it, hoping it might resemble the almond blondies I am crazy about at Cookies & Scream. But this came out hard and dry - and with the amounts of coconut oil and rice syrup in here, not a cheap recipe to end up throwing in the bin! Still, my husband and I enjoyed a coffee while picking out all the pecans... Sorry Matti.

Owner's reply

Sorry it didn't work out mannagifts! I know how annoying it is to go through expensive ingredients. This recipe has always worked out great for me. I'll make it again soon and evaluate the process and result to make sure there aren't any issues, and resolve them if there are. Thanks so much for your honest feedback!

Was this review helpful to you?