Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Yeasted Enriched Bread Recipes
Written by Mattie    
I make this bread about twice a week and really enjoy it's simplicity and versatility (adding molasses for a bump in iron or changing the combination of meals on top). I have been experiencing difficulty with tracking the rise periods since I am constantly monitoring a toddler and notice that as the weather warms the rise time really needs to be reduced. My loaves continue to fall in the oven. Any tips on adjusting the rise time in conjunction with the temperature?
Rating 

Sinmadre Reviewed by Sinmadre April 28, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Love this but I have a minor problem

I make this bread about twice a week and really enjoy it's simplicity and versatility (adding molasses for a bump in iron or changing the combination of meals on top). I have been experiencing difficulty with tracking the rise periods since I am constantly monitoring a toddler and notice that as the weather warms the rise time really needs to be reduced. My loaves continue to fall in the oven. Any tips on adjusting the rise time in conjunction with the temperature?

Owner's reply

Glad you love the bread Sinmadre! I usually go by the first rise being done when the dough doubles in size. In a very hot kitchen this can happen in as little as one hour. For the second rise or proof I usually allow enough time to pass where the dough is about one full inch domed over the loaf pan. If you're having issues with the loaf falling I'd recommend reducing rise times a little to the poing of where the falling subsides. Good luck!

Was this review helpful to you?