Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking
Veganbaking.net - The Hows and Whys of Vegan Baking

Review Detail

Vegan Baking Product Reviews
Written by Mattie    
I agree that the cheese situation is dreadful. I'm vegan because of the animals, I'm no health freak so I don't mind processed food. Everybody's different though and together we all make change. I bet though that if Mc Donalds wanted to offer a vegan cheese burger they would find a delicious replacement. The only reason why there are no decent substitutes is that the big corporations are not on the case (yet?).
SAmBisa Commented by SAmBisa February 25, 2014
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

:(

I agree that the cheese situation is dreadful. I'm vegan because of the animals, I'm no health freak so I don't mind processed food. Everybody's different though and together we all make change. I bet though that if Mc Donalds wanted to offer a vegan cheese burger they would find a delicious replacement. The only reason why there are no decent substitutes is that the big corporations are not on the case (yet?).

Owner's reply

I think you hit the nail on the head there SAmBisa. Just wait until a company approaches vegan cheese with a multi-million dollar budget and dedicated food scientists. I predict this will happen within a few years. It's already happening now with egg whites by Hampton Creek Foods. It's going to take startup to disrupt this game; the traditional food companies would never engineer this from within.

Was this review helpful to you?