Veganbaking.net Vegan Baking Recipes Vegan Breakfast Recipes Vegan Pancake Recipes Vegan Ginger Carrot Raisin Pancakes
Vegan Ginger Carrot Raisin Pancakes
This Vegan Ginger Carrot Raisin Pancake recipe isn't your conventional vegan pancake recipe because it features carrots for a subtle butteriness, raisins for a little extra bonus sweetness and ginger for a hint of spicy finish. it's a great combination of flavors that is further enhanced with a drizzle of maple syrup or Agave Maple Syrup.
Proper cooking surface temperature is keyIn order for your pancakes to cook to perfection, it's essential that your cooking surfaces reach the proper cooking temperature (about 375F or 191C). This will ensure your pancakes don't stick and are cooked through consistently with slight browning but no burning. If your pancakes are sticking it's almost always because your cooking surface isn't hot enough. I recommend turning on the heat under your cooking surfaces as soon as you walk into the kitchen to make your pancakes so everything gets a chance to heat up, un-oiled. Most cast iron griddles, skillets and electric griddles have lots of metal to disperse the heat so they need extra time to reach their proper cooking temperature.
Find more Ginger recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Ginger Carrot Raisin Pancake Recipe2 ¼ cups non-dairy milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup oat bran, wheat bran or wheat germ
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cloves
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup shredded carrot (about one medium-sized carrot)
½ cup raisins
3 Tablespoons ginger, minced
1) Curdle the non-dairy milkIn a medium bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Let it sit for about 10 minutes so the non-dairy milk curdles.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, oat bran, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves.
3) Prepare the carrot, ginger and raisinsShred the carrot and chop the ginger. Add the carrots, raisins and ginger to a small bowl and set aside.
4) Mix the pancake batterWhisk the vegetable oil into the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar from Step 1 then whisk the mixture into the large bowl containing the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the carrots, raisins and ginger.
5) Bake the vegan pancakes to perfectionGrease a griddle or a large iron skillet with canola oil. If you're using a non-stick surface forego the greasing process. The surface is ready for pancakes when water flicked on it sizzles. Using a ladle, drop about 1/3 cup of batter to form a pancake. When small bubbles appear, flip the pancake with a spatula. A thin steel spatula with a large surface area works well. Let the pancakes cook for at least another 2 minutes on the other side or until golden. Do not press down on pancakes with the spatula.
Pancakes keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge and can be easily heated in a toaster.
This recipe makes about 12 Vegan Ginger Carrot Raisin Pancakes.
Get a price on the Griddle I Recommend at Amazon.
There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? Log in now