Written by Mattie
This easy to make Vegan Banana Walnut Pancake recipe features both banana purée and banana slices for maximum banana flavor. Walnuts add an earthy complexity. Top these vegan pancakes with a touch of almond butter, fruit and/or real maple syrup.
Find more Banana recipes on Veganbaking.net
Vegan Banana Walnut Pancakes Recipe2 ¼ cups non-dairy milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon golden flax meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup oat bran, wheat bran or wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup banana purée (about 3 bananas)
¾ cup chopped walnuts
1 banana, sliced
1) Curdle the non-dairy milkIn a medium bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and flax meal. Let it sit for about 10 minutes so the non-dairy milk curdles.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oat bran, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3) Prepare your bananasMash enough peeled bananas with a fork to make 1 cup of banana purée. Peel and slice one additional banana and set it aside.
4) Prepare the pancake batterWhisk the canola oil into the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar from Step 1 then whisk the mixture into the large bowl containing the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the banana purée and chopped walnuts.
5) Bake your vegan pancakes to perfectionGrease a griddle or a large iron skillet with canola oil. If you're using a non-stick surface forego the greasing process. The surface is ready for pancakes when water flicked on it sizzles. Using a ladle, drop about 1/3 cup of batter to form a pancake. When small bubbles appear, flip the pancake with a spatula. A thin steel spatula with a large surface area works well. Let the pancakes cook for at least another 2 minutes on the other side or until golden. Do not press down on pancakes with the spatula.
Pancakes keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge and can be easily heated in a toaster. This recipe makes about 12 Vegan Banana Walnut Pancakes.
Get a price on the Griddle I Recommend at Amazon.
There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? Log in now